Massages, Burgers and Football

Sunday Sunday Sunday! Or as I refer to it: Fantasy Football Day.
Fantasy Football is a revolution these days. The sheer number of people that play is amazing. I am mildly obsessed to put it lightly. I’m also on a huge run in both of my leagues. After today I will have a 4-game win streak in 1 league and a 5-game win streak in my other league. Needless to say, I’m excited. Haha. But enough about that.

Today I woke up around 7am feeling the full effects of the Neulasta shot I received on Thursday. The doctors have asked me several times if I have been having any joint or bone pain since I got the shot and I haven’t had much worth mentioning. Until today.

I woke up feeling like I was 90 years old! Every joint in my body was aching and cracking as i gingerly eased out of bed and tried to work them out of the lock they’d developed overnight. As luck would have it though, today was also the day we had our complimentary Swedish massages! They had massage students come in and basically practice on us, but they were in their final quarter, so they definitely knew what they were doing. It was really nice. I left there feeling much better and ready to face the day.

We went to lunch at BLT Burger with our family friend Sarah Huggins and her boyfriend Duffy. The deliciousness of the food was only eclipsed by the conversation. We had a great visit and it was nice to meet Sarah’s boyfriend for the first time. Sarah also gave me a really nice present of some gourmet hot chocolate and a unique mug from Max Brenner. It was really sweet of her, and I can’t wait to try out the hot chocolate. They’ve assured us that it is incredible!

After we parted ways with Sarah and Duffy, my mom wanted to run by Nordstrom Rack to pick up some things she needed, so we started walking over to Union Square. And that’s when things started falling apart.

On the way over, I decided to pull out my phone and see if I’d gotten any emails during lunch. I took off my right glove and threw it into the bag that contained Sarah’s gift… Or at least I thought I did. We walked on as I checked my email, put my phone back in my pocket and then went to retrieve my glove. It wasn’t there. I checked all of my pockets. Not there. I told my mom and we quickly walked back to where I had taken it off. Not more than 90 seconds could have passed, but the glove was gone. We had passed a homeless person coming in the opposite direction about 10 seconds after the point that I had taken off my glove. We both knew what had happened. My mom took off down the street saying “He couldn’t have gone far!” I thought I was going to see her take on a hardened street person for a minute, but he was nowhere to be found. In all honesty, if we had found him I was just going to give him the other glove and wish him a Merry Christmas. All things being equal, I’m sure he needs that glove much more than I do, so I hope it brings him some warmth in the months ahead.

The rest of the day we just kind of hung out and watched football. It was nice and relaxing. Tomorrow I go in to get more blood work done and meet with a radiologist. They are going to do radiation in addition to the chemo during this next round of treatments, so hopefully we will see this tumor really start to shrink once it gets going. As soon as I get my blood counts back up they just knock them back down again with the next cycle. And around and around we go!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply