Bulkhead seating

I’m finally back in Atlanta, and I must say it is good to be home! The trip back was pretty uneventful. I had nice seats on the flight due to my new handicapped status, of which I plan on taking full advantage! Haha. This was the first time I’d flown with the new leg, and the first time I’d been on my own for a long time wearing it. It all went smoothly, although it did hurt during the flight. I don’t know if it was because of the pressure or just the position my leg was in, but it didn’t stop hurting until I was up and moving again after we landed. Ashley picked me up at the airport and my bags were the first ones off the plane, so as I said, it couldn’t have gone more smoothly!

The first night back we had steaks on the grill at Mema’s house and then on Sunday Ashley, Jack and I watched the Mavs win the championship. What a great game! It was great seeing them follow through this year, and was even sweeter because of the 2006 series. I also enjoyed watching them shut down LeBron like they did. His post game comments just showed how immature he still is. In case you missed them, here is the clip.

Comments like that have to make you glad that the guy didn’t get his ring yet. He will go on to win plenty of championships in his career, but he clearly doesn’t need the ego boost that a ring would have brought him right now. The Mavs have worked extremely hard to build this team and it was great seeing them come through after all this time. I also thought it was cool of Cuban to bring up Donald Carter, the original owner of the team, to accept the championship trophy.

I spent most of the day on Monday on the phone talking with insurance and various government institutions to figure out what needs to happen in order for me to drive. There seem to be a number of options, so now I just have to figure out which option is the safest and go from there. Today I met with a prosthetist at Georgia Prosthetics to start establishing a relationship there. He took a look at my leg and made some alignment adjustments and a few other changes. I think the changes made a difference and the leg feels much more comfortable now. After the appointment I went grocery shopping with Mema and Joan and was able to go around the store without a crutch and without any difficulty. He seems like he is not going to be nearly as hands on as Ryan was, in that he said to just let him know if I have any problems, but otherwise he’d see me again in a month or so. I guess that is how it goes after you get into a decent socket, but if my leg drops in size any more I think I am going to need a new socket much sooner than he seems to be saying! I guess we’ll just see how it goes. He seemed like a good guy and like he knew what he was talking about, but I might set up some appointments with a few more prosthetists around town just to see who else is out there.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my PCP, Emilio Lacayo who I talked about in an earlier post. Things are still very busy, but it is great to finally be back in Atlanta!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Atlanta

  1. Chris Casteel says:

    Welcome home!

  2. Linda Long says:

    Rob, You don’t know me, but I am a friend of Fanester and Joan, and have lived in Hampton Lake almost as long as they have. I have been keeping up with you through them. I am so thankful that you have done so well. What a wonderful support system you have had, with friends of friends, etc., as well as your family!! I am a Texan originally, with family in Dallas, and they are all so thrilled with the Mavs! And yes, that was wonderfulfor Cuban to have the Carters there. That is the Texas way!! God bless, and I will continue to remember you in prayer.

  3. Well, Rob. Welcome home. May God protect you and bless you…and bless you…and bless you.

  4. Peggy Redfern says:

    Welcome home, Rob!

Leave a Reply