Ok! So it’s been a little over a week since my last update. The reason for this is basically because I have been incredibly lazy and tired since I’ve been hooked up on this first round of chemo. Poor excuse I know, but hey, that’s all I’ve got!
Today marked the 8 day point in my first of THREE final rounds of chemo. That’s right, I said three. Doctor Rosen decided to do three rounds after I recovered from my surgery despite the fact that he had previously said two — he tends to go by his gut and experience and I have no reason to doubt the positive results that he has achieved over the years. While I was obviously less than thrilled about it, we’re gearing up for three rounds! The good news (as I see it anyway) is that my neutrophil count has tanked in the past few days and we are going to end my first round early!!! They are going to disconnect me from my super cool chemo backpack on Thursday. Obviously I guess that isn’t good news, but man, to be perfectly honest, I have a tough time seeing it as anything but! Haha. I cannot express what a pain it is to always have this bag connected by a short leash of tubing going directly into my chest. Oh, and being sick and exhausted on chemo isn’t fun either…
Either way, round five is coming up and I am excited! Two more rounds until I am heading back to Atlanta! I think what I have come to realize is that I really miss everyday normal life. Just being able to go out and throw the frisbee or sit out on a patio and have a margarita. Little things that are so commonplace that you never really think about them really stand out and I can’t wait to get back to them. I think that having your life momentarily on hold lets you see how much you enjoy the things that fill your time each day. At least I’ve got my ukulele here…. Haha.
Here is a hilarious list that my girlfriend sent me today. Quite a few of these made me laugh out loud. Enjoy!
Truths For Mature Human —
1. I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection…again.
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. “Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this – ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option.
21. Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I’m trying to finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
25. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
29. There’s no worse feeling than that millisecond you’re sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.
31. Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey – but I’d bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!